Monday, November 9, 2015

TOURIST FOR A DAY

            This is an experienced I did with my high school friends. I didn't have the opportunity to do a new one right now due to that I had to work the whole weekend. But this internal tourism trip was made at summer . My high school mates and me always plan a trip since we graduated from High School and this summer our trip was to the Cueva de las Golondrinas, in Manati, Puerto Rico. I had never been there before and none of them either so it was a real adventure. We first got lost finding the cave and when we finally thought we got there, we found out we had to go through a place which seemed like a forest, it was full of trees, grass and plants. When we got out of that forest we found two paths, left and right. We didn't know if we were taking the correct way to the cave, but we took the left side and in a few minutes we found a beautiful beach.  We put down our things, rested a while and then went into the beach it was nice, we were alone, we had the beach for ourselves. About two hours later a couple of tourtist who were not from Puerto Rico arrived to the beach. We talked a while with them and then unbelievable they told us that was not the Cueva de las Golondrinas that it was to the other side. So packed our stuff again and went back to take the right side of the two paths we had seen.  We found the path again  and in that side we had to cross a source or water and there was the cave.  We were amazed to discover that there was a beach right near the cave, and when we got closer we found out it was a nudist beach and it was not crowded but there were a few people.  
               After leaving the cave we made stops in different  places to eat. This was an amazing experience. First of all, we had never done an internal trip to a place none of us had visited before.  Being with my high school friends and boyfriend was awesome, he got along very well with my friends and this ment a lot to me. As of today I'm still surprised to know that most of us puertorricans don't do internal tourism and are missing of visiting our own beautiful sites.  This is definetly something we will do again some other time.




2 comments:

  1. Cueva de las Golondrinas, a beautiful place that everyone should visit. PUERTO RICO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I follow a similar routine with my high school friends. The only difference is that we can't keep up this consistency you do with yours - it's something we have to just work on hahaha. Now that I know of these places in Manatí, I'll be sure to visit them the soon ... very soon.

    ReplyDelete